Monday 14 November 2016

In communion with my Mother

A journey of four years since penning the Ode
How did it pass, I know not now
Seemed difficult and tears gushed at first
A yawning chasm, seemed full of dust.

As dust to dust, yet at times you felt
Like moonbeams that flit with reality
A word, a thought, a tinkling laugh
All enough to trigger a memory.

Time stands not still, the humdrum life goes on
Taking in its flow, your memories
Till points were reached, where I took a pause
And wondered what your advice to me would be.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, so they say
In hindsight, I now delight in the wisdom you shared
I know you listen, as I speak in my heart
Things that I still share with you on many a day.

No words needed – a thought, a delight, a question answered
All done - deep within the recesses of my heart
Through cakes that bake, and cleanliness drives
I know your spirit lives on in me.

Times stands not still, with the unseen hand
I’m glad I went through the angst of grief
‘Tis moulded me as nothing else would
Tears cloud my eyes – now in love, not grief.

As I see Dad, living the best he can
Half of a whole, yet whole within.
Your passion & strength, his compassion & love
Ideals to live up to, in this life I live.    

The grief is done, I knew not when
Peace within, I know not how.
'Tis now I feel the meaning of what I wrote then
‘She lives in my life; I’ll hear her in my heart’.

              -Ann Joseph

No comments:

Post a Comment

3650 days on

 It's been a decade gone by, difficult to believe As I look back at memories of this time that year I find compassion for that young...